Add an external account to transfer money to a different bank account
Please note that connecting an external account will only allow you to push money out of your FAIR Sunrise Banks account. You will not be able to pull money from your other bank account into the FAIR account. If you want to move money from your other bank account to the FAIR account, you will need to connect them through your other bank's online banking system.
Sunrise Banks has created a minute long video on how to add an external account (an account from a different financial institution). To watch the video, please click the link below. Then you will see a list of videos on the right side, scroll down to the 5th video called "Add & Verify External Accounts".
- In the Sunrise Banks app, click on "Menu", next click on "Transfers & Payments", then click on "Add External Account".
- You will see instructions for the rest of the process for adding your external account.
- After submitting your account number and routing number you will need to check your account for the two verifying deposits, which can take up to 5 business days.
- Once you see deposits, you will need to verify your external account. In the Sunrise Banks app, click on "Menu", next click on "Transfers & Payments", then click on "Verify External Account".
- Select the account you want to verify, then enter the amounts of the two deposits, and click continue. You have now successfully added your external account so you can make loan payments.